Monday, January 9, 2012

Brides of Boot Camp (Part 1)

I was excited to learn that a number of ladies joined boot camp in order to get ready for their wedding a few months ago. I was excited first, because I sometimes get to wear the ring when they are doing certain exercises (ha-ha), and second, because they had joined with a clear, realistic goal, and ample time to put those goals into action! These ladies are smart and realized that it takes consistency and hard-work in order to get ready for their big day. Jenn, in particular, has been training with me for over a year, and I have even witnessed her tell a lady who was trying to sell her a "quick fix" diet plan, that she wanted to make changes that fit her lifestyle and that included eating proper meals, and keeping up with her fitness. Impressive, Jenn!

Here is her story:
 
Name: Jennifer Catt 
 
Job: dental hygienist
 
Wedding Date: August 25th 2012
 
Why did you decide to add Boot Camp as part of your fitness routine to prepare for the Big Day?

I am not the best self motivated person and have trained with Alli off and on for a year now and have always had great results. Boot camp seemed like a great way to really get into shape before walking down the aisle. 

How far in advance of the wedding did you begin to prepare?
Just over one year. I thought that would give me enough time to get to my personal goal as well as looking great in my wedding dress. 
What motivates you to live a healthy active lifestyle besides your upcoming wedding?

Just over three years ago I started a weight loss journey. When I began I was 274lbs. something made me realize that only I had the ability to get myself healthy. Now I am a more toned 180 with the help of Alli. At some point after the wedding I would like to become and mother and having the basic knowledge of a healthy lifestyle is very important to pass on to children in this day in age. 
 
How do you fit exercise into your schedule? 

I feel that I have to plan my week and find time to get some exercise. 
 
Describe a typical day for you (with fitness)? 
 
Boot camp mornings start the night before making sure that everything is ready for the next day, including lunches uniforms and what I will wear to boot camp. (on Thursdays I also play volleyball and have to have everything ready the night before for that as well).
530 am wake up an hour of boot camp from 6-7 then off to work for 8:30am-7:30 pm. Home walk the dog and bed

Non boot camp day depends on what time I start at work if I can make it to the gym or not. If not then usually a walk/run with my fiancĂ© and dog after work. 
 
What obstacles do you overcome to stick to a regular fitness routine?
 
Wanting to sleep in. I love the way I feel after boot camp but sometimes the bed is so warm and cozy. Weekends are also hard to get exercise because they always seem to be so busy. 

What changes have you noticed since beginning boot camp?

I have been able to lose weight and lost lots of inches. At this point in my weight loss I am more concerned and firming/ toning then what the scale says. I feel so much better, have more energy and I actually want to workout now. 

What would you say to somebody to encourage them to begin a fitness program?
If you want to be able to enjoy your life to the fullest you need to keep yourself healthy and strong. The energy from exercise is great, with the rewarding benefits of slimmer midsection :)
"be the change you want to see in the world" budha

 

No comments:

Post a Comment