Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Fave Mother-Daughter Team!

Sam and Joann have been attending boot camp for 3 months now.  Sam is one of my best friends, we played almost every sport together during High School! I've known her family for almost as long as I've known Sam, and the are so great. It is awesome to have them both at Boot Camp:) Read about what keeps them motivated!

Name: Joann MacArthur
Name: Samantha MacArthur

 
Job: Client Manager for a food broker – basically a desk job
Job: Sales Support (desk job)

 
Top 3 Exercises? I don't really have a favorite, I like variety.

Top 3 Exercises? Running is my favourite cardio.  When it comes to resistance training I don't think there is an exercise I don't enjoy, even though some may be very painful (i.e. 50 split squats per leg) you know the more pain the more gain there will be.

   
How long have you been exercising ?  on and off my whole life…took a big break when the kids were young

How long have you been exercising? My entire life.  I played competitive sports growing up, but once University started the exercising decreased.  I am happy to say I have greatly increased my level of exercise again and it is a regular part of my routine again.  Sorry Mom for getting in the way when we were younger, but she was a GREAT soccer Mom!!!  She's working even harder now for all those years she missed out on exercise!!
 
What motivates you to live a healthy active lifestyle? I want to be able to enjoy everyday life, and I really want to be healthy into retirement to be able to remain active with travel.

What motivates you to live a healthy active lifestyle? The feeling you get after exercising, you feel great, especially after a really tough workout. The physical changes I have gone through over the last few months have been a great motivator, but it is even more important to me to be healthy. Exercise is something I want to continue with and when I have kids I will encourage them to do the same because the benefits are endless.



How do you fit exercise into your schedule? By getting up early and just doing it!  Make it a priority….Getting up early for boot camps, On the days I exercise from home, I do it as soon as I get home from work.

How do you fit exercise into your schedule? By getting up early and just doing it! It needs to be something that you think is important enough to include in everyday life.  It is easy enough to say you don't have time and I did that for a long time. Making it part of a daily routine is the best idea.



Describe a typical day for you (with fitness)? Boot Camp day.  Pack everything I need the night before.  Get up and go to boot camp….feel great the whole day.  Non Boot Camp Days, as soon as I get in the door from work, I change, head downstairs to work out.  In the summer I head outside for a one hour bike ride weather permitting.  I am fortunate to have my daughter, who introduced me to boot camp, and my husband who keeps me motivated for the other days.  We work out together.     
Describe a typical day for you (with fitness)? Bootcamp: Pack everything the night before, sleep in the car on the way there, but then once the class is over I'm wide awake for the rest of the day!  On non-bootcamp days it's either a workout at the gym right after work (I usually don't do anything if I don't get there right away), incorporating cardio and resistance training. Or a run outside when it's nice out.  I started biking last summer as well, and find it to be a great outdoor workout. 

 

What obstacles do you overcome to stick to a regular fitness routine?  Making it a priority.  It is easy for other things to get in the way.
What obstacles do you overcome to stick to a regular fitness routine?  Time restrictions, but as long as you make it part of a daily schedule you can stick to it.  The early mornings can be very tough sometimes after working late, but after that it's done for that day and you have a whole day ahead of you.

 

What changes have you noticed since beginning boot camp?  My energy level.  The changes in my body…for the good

What changes have you noticed since beginning boot camp?  I trained very competitively for soccer for many years, but I don't think I've ever been in such great shape, my energy level has greatly increased and I feel overall better about myself.  There has been many appearance changes increasing my self-esteem and confidence.  All the changes have been amazing!!!!

What would you say to somebody to encourage them to begin a fitness program?   Do be corny…Just do it!  Sign up with a friend….I did (my daughter)

What would you say to somebody to encourage them to begin a fitness program?   Mom's right, you just have to do it, and going with a friend makes it hard to miss a class, you don't want to let the other person down by not showing up. Set goals together and you will be amazed at how much easier it is to accomplish them.  Put the excuses aside, everyone can fit it somewhere in their schedule and everyone can do it.  It may be tough at first and you may think you can't do it, but in the end it will be worth it and you will feel 100x better!


 
Final Comments: I went to the first boot camp skeptical, and worried I would embarrass my daughter.  I loved it right from the start.  I tell my friends that I think I may be slightly addicted.  Alli is a great instructor.  I might still embarrass my daughter but mom's usually do!

Final Comments: I've never felt better about myself than I have in the last few months.  I didn't know how it would go training with one of your best friends, but Alli is great at what she does and knows exactly how to push you that little bit extra.  I'm glad my Mom continues to come, I've noticed many positive changes with her in the last few months now she's motivating me to get my butt there Tuesday and Thursday mornings!  Workout buddies are great motivators!!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment