Thursday, March 15, 2012

Email from my Dad

For those of you that have been following my Dad's progress, here is an update from him! About two weeks ago he up and moved to Saskatchewan for a 6-month work contract :( I was worried how this would affect our 90 Day Challenge, but I shouldn't have been :) read below....

Allison,

 

I arrived home after 2 weeks in Regina and stepped on the scales.  Guess what I saw?  207!  I have lost 26 lbs in the last 8 weeks.  I haven't seen 207 on the scales since before you were born.  What am I doing differently?  Keeping up my running and making better choices when I eat.  My morning ritual of going to Tim Hortons for a coffee and breakfast sandwich as well as lunch time visit to a fast food restaurant are gone.  Now I make two shakes every morning; one for breakfast and I put one in a thermos for lunch.  This is fast, convenient and I am saving money.  I am eating less red meat at dinner and way more salad.  I also graze on carrots instead of chips or a piece of toast at night.  I can honestly say that I am rarely hungry.

 

The reason I started changing my eating habits is that I was not feeling good running.  Now that I have dropped the weight, I feel better during and after my run.  My original goal was to be under 220 lbs by the time I run the Sporting Life 10K in May.  Now I am trying to get closer to 200 lbs by race day.   Who knows, I may be right on your heels on race day.

 

The meal replacement shakes are a great bridge into healthier eating and healthier living.   The lifestyle changes are slow and relatively painless which is likely way I am sticking with it and the results are visible which is why I am pushing for more.  Thanks for your help.

 

Dad


Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment