Friday, March 30, 2012

What I did on vacation.

You want to know what I did on vacation?




Haha Ok, besides pretending to be a Victoria's Secret Model.

I took it easy.

Shocked? I was!

In all the vacations I have ever taken, I have always stuck to a strict regimen of working out and good nutrition. Many times, I would go on vacation in the middle of a half-marathon training program, or prior to a bball tourney, so I couldn't afford to miss a week of training, or drink alcohol.

This time was different. I had worked very hard prior to leaving for Dominican and was feeling the effects of my rigourous half-marathon and strength training schedule, exam schedule and different work and research projects. I was mentally and physically fatigued, had a sprained knee, a bruised nose and my brain was fried.... my motivation was beginning to dwindle.

My week still consisted of physical activity - tennis, beach workouts, and a couple light runs. I also still had a shake here and there, I stuck to water/vodka if I did drink, and had a slew of veggies with each meal.... but compared to my regular routine, I eased up! And I convinced myself not to feel guilty about it.

Naturally, when I returned, I was 110% motivated to get back to my regular routine. Starting Monday, I began my second 90-Day challenge and began back into a 10k training program. It has been 5 days of focus and determination and here is what I have to show for it!

Monday post-vacation weight:

Friday: 4 days back to normal fitness routine:

*note: first weigh-in was after a flight, so weight is higher due to water retention in addition to my week-long vacation. Next picture was taken in the morning after breakfast.

The body needs a break, and you deserve to have fun. Work hard, play hard. Set your fitness goals, your nutrition goals, and stick to them - but allow yourself to get the rest time your body needs to recover, know that it is OK to get off track once in a while, and that you will come back to your goals refocused and more motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment