Saturday, April 14, 2012

"Where did his neck go....?"

.... is the question I keep hearing when people see this before and after picture of my Dad!





Wow. WOW!

Dad, you hit your goal! I posted your email a few weeks ago, but a picture is truly worth 1000 words.

I saw my Dad last weekend on Easter - and he looked DAPER, despite his leather jacket draped around him, the collar of his shirt not fitting his neck, and his arms swimming in his sleeves ( hehe- I think it's time to go shopping :)). 30lbs is remarkable, and what is even better is that he is so happy, feels good and isn't going to give up this healthy lifestyle, as he has found it easier week by week to incorporate new, healthier solutions into his everyday routine.

The 90 Day Challenge and the Vi-Shake itself, aren't magic. Are you shocked? The system, just like a signing up for a gym membership, requires proper use in order for results to be seen.

What is different about the Challenge is it's simplicity, the taste and the design of the program whereby you commit to a goal, and are held accountable by whomever you are working with.

The Challenge is simple because: you pick a goal, select a kit, and have it delivered to your home. For my Dad, he made a shake in the morning for breakfast, along with a coffee, and made another shake to take in a thermos to drink at lunchtime. He brought snacks to munch on during the day, and had a snack and dinner once he got home.

It tastes good. Not sure how I can prove that by any other way than you actually tasting it. (If you're interested - send me an email - I can mail out samples.)

He was held accountable, by ME! By assessing someone's current health and fitness status and provide suggestions to compliment their own, personal challenge, they will more likely be set up for success. If you're like my Dad starting off without much knowledge of proper nutrition, we take it slow. Simply replace your two meals, and then you have leeway with what you're eating for your snacks and dinner, so you don't feel deprived, and possibly quit. As we progress throughout the challenge, we start to make small, simple changes, "how about replacing the burger and fries with a turkey burger, whole wheat bun, and homemade sweet potatoes." It's working on the challenge in this manner, that changes it from a 90-Day quest for better health and fitness, to a lifetime of healthy, active living.

In terms of physical activity, my Dad has been a member of the Running Room for a few years now, and along with the 30lb goal, he also will be running the Sporting Life 10K. Let it be known that my Dad does not like exercise, but knows of it's importance, hence, why he continues to run! Our next goal is to get him to start strength training - he has said that he would only do this with a personal trainer, and as he lives in Saskatchewan, we cannot work together on this.

Although I did attempt to make a youtube video for him to do at home!

Oh, and I made him do pushups on the glass floor of the CN tower......


Here is my fam at Easter Dinner at the CN Tower:



Way to Go :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment