Friday, September 7, 2012

Gluten Free Friday TIFF edition (say cheese!)

Paparazzi is out in full force snapping photos of TIFF celebs, so it's only appropriate that this gluten-free friday gets to say CHEESE as well! I think I would rather hang out with cheese than celebrities.

This naturally gluten-free appetizer is a taste-bud pleasing dish that is easy to make, but can be passed off as a hot ticket item on the appy table!

What you need:



3 Granny Smith Apples
1 Wheel of Brie Cheese
1/2 cup mixed nuts - your choice! Pecans, almonds, raisins etc.
3 tbsp Sugar-free Apricot compote
1/8 tsp cinnamon

Prep:
Heat oven to 375
Mix Nuts, compote and cinnamon together
Slice apples



Place brie into over for 10-15 minutes, until oozing.

Remove, and scoop nut mixture on top of cheese.
Place apple slices around cheese, and sprinkle with cinnamon.



Had to get the wheel of cheese from another angle as well, just to appreciate the true beauty of the cheese!



I used a wedge instead of a wheel (student budget baby) So, the entire time I was making this dish, I could not get this line from my fave movie out of my head.



...and there you have it! Full flavour, gluten-free appetizer for your weekend events!
Enjoy and be sure to share with friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment