Sunday, September 16, 2012

Gluten Free... I forgot on Friday, so here it is SUNDAY!

So here’s my Friday. Actually, here is my everyday.

Wake up; want something sweet & delicious to eat…. so I have a shake, or maybe egg whites.

Lunchtime; want something sweet & delicious to eat….so I have a salad.

Snacktime: want something sweet & delicious to eat…. so I have some almonds.

Dinnertime: want something meaty & delicious to eat.... so I have some turkey/chicken, sweet potatoes and veggies.

Random points throughout the day: want something sweet & delicious to eat…. so I BAKE!

To quote my friend Erin;

“Alli, you spend more time in the Kitchen than anyone I know. You have literally baked everyday this week.”

….. and today is no different!.

Here are my gluten-free brownies.

Be aware that they still contain brown sugar. They fit into a gluten-free lifestyle, but not necessarily all healthy living lifestyles. They are still a TREAT!

Ingredients

1 bar 60-70% cocoa dark chocolate

1/2 cup organic coconut oil

1/2 cup brown sugar

3/4 cup quinoa flour

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

2 eggs

1 tbsp vanilla

1 serving of applesauce


Optional:
1 cup mixed nuts (walnuts, pecans etc.)
Handful dark chocolate chips


Full serving of veggies in the brand!

To make:


Preheat oven to 350.

Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a saucepan. Gently stir.

Whisk together brown sugar, quinoa flour, salt and baking soda. Add in mixture of beaten eggs, vanilla and melted chocolate/coconut oil. Whisk or beat until smooth and creamy.

Add in nuts, and spread in a nonstick pan.

Add some dark chocolate chips on top.

Bake for ~30minutes.



Inspiration: http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2006/01/dark-chocolate-brownies.html#ixzz26gDarAfe

1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually kill fat by eating Coconut Fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete