Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Break Week Two

My intentions for this week is to get PACKED for Europe! I am slowly getting more excited at the realization that I will get to see the highlights of 7 or 8 different countries over two weeks. I am travelling with my fam - we're flying into Rome and then boarding a cruise ship which will take us to many different destinations. I think this will be an interesting way to travel, as the time spent actually moving from place to place will be while we are sleeping and therefore we can maximize activity time off the ship. "Soooo much room for activities!"

In terms of sticking to healthy nutrition while I am away, I will definitely be packing my shake mix and my shaker. I'm far too into the routine of eating 5-6 small meals a day to tour Rome on an empty stomach! My plan is to make healthy choices 80% of the time, and to indulge in food that I have not tried before to get the full "european experience" ;). In my eyes, there is no sense in working so hard for months prior, just to kill it in a week with overindulgence. No deprivation, just smart choices.

Keeping with the topic of smart choices, I feel like a bear coming out of hibernation when it comes to summertime and drinking! I can go the entire fall/winter/spring with minimal alcoholic intake, but once the sun is out... pour me a drink! Alcohol has to be the number one fitness killer. Not only does it offer the body no nutritional value, but it packs on the lbs like no other. However, it's a fun, social activity..... so when I drink, I ensure that I choose a clear liquor (like vodka) and pair it with a non-sugary mix (like water and lemon).

All of us girls making smart choices before a night out in TO :)



I am still sticking to my fitness plan to a T, and even adding in extra cardio just because I love being outside in this gorg weather. Yesterday, I set out for a run on the Tom Taylor trail.... the goal was 19K. It was just too hot though, so I cut my out and back route off short and ended up managing about a 15K. I was still satisfied with this, as I then had a golf date with my two friends out in Bradford. We went out at about 5pm and walked 9. I don't often set low expectations for myself, but golf is the exception. I consider it a success if I 1)make contact with the ball or 2) manage not to lose my ball completely in the bushes. Taking baby steps to become competent at this sport! I actually felt pretty decent about yesterday's game... especially with my new golf bag :)



Make the most of your week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment