Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer Break

Hellooo friends!

Today was the best day! Like I said in my last post, my only responsibility is getting myself to the Gym and that I did! I am trying out a 12 Week Live fit program, so got in my strength training workout after I trained a few ladies this morning. Afterwards, I had to drop my car off at the mechanic, so I decided to run home.

Then, I spent the afternoon reading for pleasure! Hasn't happened in quite some time! Throw in some healthy baking (see recipe below), and BBQing some chicken breasts and I had quite the productive afternoon.

My friend Sam had a free week pass to a new gym that just opened in Newmarket, so after I read we went over there to explore. Second workout of the day was plyo/core based and went like this:

10-15-20-15-10
Box Jumps
Dynamic Side Plank
Pushups
Jump Lunges
Bicep Curl to press

Sammy and I then did 10x 30 second on/30 off sprints on treadmill. I ran between 10-11.5 and was gassed by the end. But the workout didn't stop there! The new gym has a bball court, so we went in and shot around, and ended up playing 4 on 4 with some guys for another hour! I love this! Nothing better than playing sports, I'm lucky I have a friend like Sam who is into tough workouts and sports:)

Now I'm home and eating my bodyweight in chicken and veggies lol I am so hungry! I had a shake for breakfast and a shake post workout #1, but skipped lunch today because I was so into my book ! haha Making up for the loss now :)

Me, Sam and Katie at the Jays game



Here is the recipe!

Carrot Cake Protein Bars
Calories: 94
Fats: 1.25 grams
Carbs: 10 grams
Protein: 10 grams

Ingredients:
•1 cup oat flour (I used spelt flour)
•2 scoops body by vi sweet crème protein powder
•2 tsp cinnamon
•1/2 tsp baking soda
•1/4 tsp salt
•1/8 tsp allspice
•1/8 tsp nutmeg
•4 egg whites
•3/4 cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal
•8 oz baby food carrots (Today, I used bananas)
•4 oz water

Directions:

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Mix flour, whey protein, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
3.Mix egg whites, Splenda, baby food carrots and water (optional) in a bowl.
4.Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
5.Spray glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
6.Pour ingredients into dish.
7.Bake 20-30 minutes.

Makes 16 squares, 2 squares per serving
Source: www.bodybuilding.com

I chose to use the Body By Vi protein powder, I've baked with different brands before, and you can usually taste that "healthier" taste (lol) to something where protein powder has been substituted for flour.. I didn't really notice with this recipe any difference between regular muffins. I baked one for Sam and her family too... Sam what did you think about yours?

SEEEEEEE YA BYEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment