Sunday, July 22, 2012

7 Day Mini Challenge

Hellooooo everybody!

I don't like status quo and am always looking for new challenges. So, I've decided for the next 7 days, starting Monday to embark on this self-made challenge

1) Vegetarian
2) Log my 60-90 min workout everyday (I will post workout)
3) At least 1.5L of water everyday
4) 2 shakes, 2 snacks and dinner
5) Log my food intake
6) Gluten-free
7) Sugar free

Fitting in the workouts will be the easiest part. These will be tailored to running and include different types of training runs, core workout and TRX workouts.

Shakes will be no different than what I do right now, except that I vary between and 2 shakes, depending on the day.

Water intake will be interesting. Besides coffee, water is the only liquid I consume, however, I have never really tracked my intake.

Gluten-free and sugar free will be a bit harder, I tend to eat 80% gluten and sugar free, but plan to completely avoid it this week.

Vegetarian will be the HARDEST of all of these challenges as I am the most carnivorous female you will ever meet! I have no real reason for incorporating this into my challenge, other than the sole fact that I want to expand the vegetables I eat and explore other sources of protein so that I can better aid the vegetarians I train.

I blog so that I hold myself accountable. I think stating a goal to others is important as it solidifies it as something you truly want to achieve. Keeping a goal to yourself leaves far too much room for you to negotiate with yourself and make excuses.

I set forth a goal for my 10.5km race yesterday, and stated to people close to my that I would like to place top 3 in the race. At the time, looking at previous years results, my results from 10k's I have ran this year and knowing I felt strong, I felt this top 3 finish was realistic. Race day proved otherwise, and I ended up playing 7th (we're talking gender placing). If you had been in my head during the run you would have been hysterical at the conversation I had with myself.

"Omg, another female passing you Alli, wtf you didn't train hard enough you don't deserve to reach your goal"

"No, it's fine, run your race, your pace is right on track. Settle in and grind away."

"Are you effing kidding me, is that another hill? That wasn't marked on the effing map. EFFFFFFFFFFF"

"Ok, just pump your arms and work your way up, hills are your fave training day, and you can kill this hill."

"Ok, there's no way I can finish top 3. What am I going to write in my blog? Everyone is going to know I failed my goal. I can't lie! Maybe I'll just pretend this race didn't happen"

"No, Alli, not everyone achieves their goal the first, second or third time. This just leaves room for improvement."

"Just keep running, Just keep running." (To the tune of just keep swimming from Finding Nemo"

"Where the EFF is the water station!!!!!"

"Ahhhhhhhhh finito. That wasn't THAT bad!"

Ya, soooo I'm a bit crazy when I run. So vastly different from team sports where I pretty much blackout and my body goes into autopilot. I do that when I'm driving too haha






Do you talk to yourself when you run? Please let me know I'm not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment