Monday, July 2, 2012

Elaine's Boot Camp and Body By Vi experience

Last September, my husband and I moved to Newmarket and I finally decided to use this moving month to make some changes in my fitness and lifestyle that were a couple of years overdue!

I found Alli through a simple on line search for a bootcamp and decided to give it a try. I was not looking for a gym with a lot of people or an individual program as I do best with a small group plus it is more affordable!

My first day was tough as it had been awhile (as I explained to Ali) but I had been my best a couple of years before this and was pretty sure I could do it again. It was time! Alli reminded me to do what I could, baby steps and the rest would come. Of course she was right. I loved that I finished the first session..that was a good step. The rest was to build up my endurance, and keep going.

Did I mention that I also had my 50th birthday in February and this was also my commitment to myself for my 50th year  . To be healthy and fit again. Menopause had also arrived early - bringing with it lots of hormonal changes, little energy, etc..I needed to do this first step in hopes that it would help with the rest.
It’s now 8 months later and all is going great – down two sizes and 30lbs. Thank you Alli for such a great boot camp! I love the classes and really enjoy the creativity in each one. The fact that each class is different is also what keeps me coming back. Each exercise is always explained in detail and this really helps me to hopefully do it right. I never knew you could do so much with a medicine ball , kettlebell, TRX and weights, etc.

I still have a ways to go..and will reach my next step as well.

Your recommendations on healthy eating program, etc has also helped and provided the energy I needed to get back into things.. I travel a lot and run a business with my husband so we are constantly on the road for both work and our own personal passion of travel. The Vi progam has also helped me to get back on track with an easy breakfast and lunch and additional energy. I’m now sharing with friends who are asking me what I’ve been doing. ..

I wished they all lived in Newmarket and we could add another boot camp class to the week!

Thanks again,
Elaine
(Elaine Carnegie, Newmarket, ON)

Thanks for sharing, Elaine! Your transformation has been incredible! You are doing this the right way; setting small, measurable goals and ticking them off one by one before setting a new one. I am proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. “…this was also my commitment to myself for my 50th year.” – I think that is the best birthday gift that you can give to yourself. Staying healthy and fit makes you feel and look young. When you practice a healthy lifestyle, you will feel great both inside and out! [Madison Mcnulty]

    ReplyDelete