Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thanks!!

Helloooooooo everyone!

Today is a rise and grind kind of day! Sprang out of bed because I'm always excited to have my morning coffee and protein shake, then went to teach 6am and 8am Boot Camp. I fit in a quick circuit training workout afterwards.

I was talking to a former teammate of mine last night about how our training styles have changed so much since playing bball. For me, I no longer lift super heavy. I stick to higher reps and lower weight. Now, lower weight doesn't mean light weight.. it just means an appropriate amount of weight for the 15-20 reps I am doing. I find my body responds much better to this type of training and I perform better in races by doing so.

I left work today just feeling elated! It's mix of the summer weather, all of the fun I have been having with my family and friends, my purposeful workouts and the amazing people I get to train with. I feel so grateful to have the opportunity to be be building a career, while I study for another peice that I can add to the fitness business. I want to say THANKS to everyone for working so hard. MERCI beaucoup to those of you who make health and fitness a priority and GRACIOUS for allowing me to be a small part of your life!

I made this video to express with my voice what I cannot with my words haha


I also made this banana bread, let's call it
ACAIN's gluten free banana bread
(because I've always wanted to stick my name on something).




It's made with healthier ingredients, some of which are superfoods on their own!

1 cup extra virgin olive oil - healthier option than butter/marg (monounsaturated fat)
10 drops stevia - plant-based sweetener, 0 cals, antioxidant
2 (1/4cup) egg whites - source of protein
1/4 cup greek yogurt - source of protein, I used a lactose free kind
2 mashed bananas - high potassium, low sodium so is helpful for prevention of high blood pressure
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup gluten free all purpose baking flour - I use Bob's Red Mill and this is good for those with celiac disease, or a sensitivity to gluten
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1/8 cup salba - source of protein, antioxidants and high fibre
1tbsp cinnamon
- helpful for maintaining blood sugar levels
Handful chocolate chips (optional)- because they're delicious and I wanted to.

Mix the wet ingredients together, the dry ingredients together and the add together. Bake at 350 for 25-30 mins and enjoy.




It was painful for me to actually measure the ingredients, but I wanted to post this so you could make it too! lol Any banana bread fans out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment