Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Two Day Check in

My first two days has certainly been a change! The biggest difficulty, unsurprisingly, was going vegetarian. Where I would normally have chicken, I have had egg whites and tuna. I plan on bbqing some salmon on a cedar plank to have available for the rest of the week.


Monday & Tuesday Food log:

Gluten free- super easy for me as there are so many alterntives out there, and my major source of carbohydrates is from vegetables anyways.

Sugar free- a little harder, but I've become aware of how I take little bites of sweets and baked good here and there... I have had to practise some self control here!

Vegetarian - protein shakes are the best and easiest way for me to ensure I get protein, I ate egg whites for breakfast this morning and also have had some tuna on top of a spinach salad.

Mon
Breakfast - Vi-Shape Protein Shake, Black Coffee, multivitamin
Snack - Broccoli slaw w Olive Oil/Balsalmic dressing, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, almonds
Lunch - Mixed Salad with egg whites
Snack - Shake
Dinner - Veggie Chili
Snack - Gluten free crackers and salsa

Tues
Breakfast - Egg Whites, Green tea, multivitamin
Snack - Shake w unseetened Choc Almond milk
Lunch - Salad with Tuna
Snack - Shake w yogurt
Dinner - Veggie Chili


My workouts: Monday was a light TRX/core workout as my legs were still hurting from the Saturday race. Yesterday was hardcore!! I took part in Boot Camp with D, which was a circuit of 6 exercises, one minute on/one minute rest. We did kettlebell swings, rope slams, bike, box jumps, lunges and push press. I then decided, because it was finally cool enough during the day, to do a hill workout which lasted about 55 minutes. I capped off the day by teaching a 30min spin/core class.

My legs hate me today.

I actually can't stand.

I'm lying on the couch writing this and the foam roller is calling my name.

I don't usually train as much as I did yesterday, but it happened, so I'm telling you.

Anyone else doing a mini challenge? How's it going?

No comments:

Post a Comment