Friday, July 20, 2012

Gluten Free Friday - Gluten free, sugar free cookie bites

Friday Friday Friday! Hey how are ya? Missed you.

I am very excited today as I have a 1/4 marathon (10.5K) race tomorrow in Oshawa. My mom is running it too, along with her 10k clinic that she instructs at the Newmarket Running Room.

So, today will consist of training clients, an easy 30 min run for myself, hydrating and just fuelling myself properly for tomorrow!

My mom and I adopted a "pretty much" gluten free lifestyle in 2005. I remember this because it was my first year of university, and when she would come to visit she would load me up on groceries. (Side note: This was awesome. Thanks mom !!) Anyways, she began eating gluten free as part of a cleanse and then casually started swapping my regular food items for gluten free versions of them. For her, this was the kickstart she needed, dropping 25lbs and keeping it off as she found a love for running. For me, it was free haha. However, it stuck as I do find I feel better when I avoid wheat or starchy carbs. I don't have an intolerance or any stomach issues, it's totally a choice for my personal nutrition.

So that being said, my palate loves SWEETS, and to keep with a healthy, nutritious lifestyle, I experiment to make healthier version sweets to satisfy my sweet tooth and keep the bod tight. Win-win! I've come up with this gluten free, sugar free recipe for cookie bites.


1/4 cup all natural crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
1 egg
8 drops stevia
2/3 cup quinoa flour
1 tsp baking soda
Handful chocolate chips

Place in small muffin tin, bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes!


Makes about 12 bites


They don't last long

Enjoy your weekend. Do what makes you happy!

- Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment