Wednesday, August 1, 2012

5 things the Olympics make me want to do

1. Go to the Olympics.

If I take up a less mainstream sport, like say, fencing and really, really worked hard at it, I feel like I could be decent? I want to go.

2. Be extremely competitive.

Eating contests! Pushups contests! Power walking race! Whatever is it, I'm making it competitive and I'm going to do a full-fledged celly when I win. Boooooya.

3. Meet an Olympian.

Preferably male. Perhaps a beach volleyball player. Swimmers are ok too ;)

4. Be part of a team.

I miss my team sports days. The bond between teammates is unexplainable, and lasts long after you are playing side by side. Below is a pic of Cman and I who were rookies on the Laurier bball team together.... years go by but when we see each other it's still the best time. Rehashing early practises, crazy amounts of suicides and the fun roadies we took as a team will NEVER get old. I definitely would love to become part of a competitive sport again. Maybe rowing?



5. Rep the Red and White!

I love the Canadian camaraderie! Although our medal count could use a boost (don't worry, when I'm a fencer I'll pad the gold medal stats), there's something to be said about the Olympic spirit, and the pride in which the athletes sport their red and white for our nation's viewing pleasure. I get chills!

No comments:

Post a Comment