Thursday, August 2, 2012

Gluten Free Friday - Cauliflower Crust BBQ Chicken Pizza

I am a pizza freak!
I try to avoid it because if I have one slice, I have 19. My fam and friends hate me because I always ask them "can I have a bite of yours?!"

Well, friends, stop hatin' because I am arming myself with gluten-free pizza... the crust is made from cauliflower! This idea has been floating around for a while, but I decided today to find a good recipe and make a few pizzas to freeze.

Forget pizza delivery at 2:30am....late night healthy snacks at my house!





Crust




CRUST:
1/2 head (2 cups) cauliflower
1 egg
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or whatever kind... I used cottage cheese for increased protein content)
1tsp dried oregano
1/2tsp dried minced garlic (or fresh garlic)
1/2tsp onion salt

TOPPINGS:
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (or pizza sauce)
1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup chopped chicken breast

Directions:
1. Grate cauliflower and microwave for about 8 minutes. Let cool..

2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spray pizza pan with nonstick spray. In a medium bowl, mix the cooled, grated cauliflower with the remaining crust ingredients. Pat the "crust" into the prepared pan. Spray the crust lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 15 minutes (or until golden). Remove the crust from the oven and turn the heat up to broil.

3. Spread sauce on top of the baked crust. Sprinkle cheese and other toppings. Broil pizza 3-4 minutes, or until cheese melted.

Try other topping ideas!

Source: http://www.recipegirl.com/2012/01/16/cauliflower-crust-hawaiian-pizza/

No comments:

Post a Comment