Friday, August 24, 2012

Gluten Free Friday - Sneaky Meal!

I want to say TGIF to you and you and you!

Friday for me is always an unwind kind of night - I never make big plans because I am usually exhausted from the week, and want to be fresh & alert at the Chiropractic Clinic on Saturday mornings. That being said, I do like to entertain, and get the most use out of my BBQ and back deck before the cooler weather comes.

I went golfing on Wednesday and there were WAY TOO MANY LEAVES on the ground, and not on the tree, being green and leafy, like they belong.



Today's Gluten Free Recipe is sneaky... ! Whenever I entertain I mask gluten-free, health food as comfort, yummy BBQ food.... gotcha friends! I'm in charge in MY kitchen!

It's simple; chicken burgers on a gluten free bun, sweet potatoe fries and a summer salad!

1. BBQ the chicken
- I like to add Mrs. Dash Spices

2. Gluten free buns
- They are as simple as a trip to a regular grocery store! For myself, I do an openfaced chicken burger.

3. Sweet Potato Fries
- the best of the best!

3-4 Sweet Potatoes, washed, skinned and sliced into wedges
- toss with a bit of olive oil
- spice with Mrs. Dash, Sea Salt, Pepper and a pinch of sugar to help with carmelization.
- If you're feeling especially spicy you could add some chipotle powder!
- Bake at 450, for about 14-18 minutes, checking at 8 minutes to toss the fries around.



4. Salad
My Fave summer salad is:
- spinach, fresh strawberries, goat cheese, toasted pecans & greek feta dressing!



And there you have it. Trick your friends into eating healthy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment