Thursday, August 9, 2012

Athlete Profile: Selda M.

Name: Selda Mlivic



Job: Accident Benefit Adjuster


Top 3 exercises: Plank, TRX rows, deadlifts


How long have you been exercising
: Since high school. Intensity has varied over the years but I have tried to maintain some form of exercise. In the summer, Bike rides and jogs are a must.

What motivates you to live a healthy active lifestyle?: That dreadful bikini. No, I love how I feel after working out and if exercising and a healthy diet means fighting things like cholesterol and high blood pressure, well that's a bonus!

How do you fit exercise into your schedule?: 6am Bootcamps. I've recently found that working out in the morning works better for me so I'm trying to incorporate that more. My metabolism is high throughout the day and I have more energy. Before, if I had a long day at work it was hard to force myself to actually work out afterwards. Now if I still feel like working out after work, I go to a regular gym and take a spin or pump class.


Describe a typical day for you (with fitness)? Mon & Wed- Spin, Tues: Bootcamp & Spin, Thurs Bootcamp, Zumba and/or Pump class, Sat/Sun- Circuit Class/Spin; it all depends on how I'm feeling and how sore I am from Alli's classes, but every day I have a variety of options so I try to mix it up. I've recently gotten a swimming pass, so I'll throw that into the mix too.


What obstacles do you overcome to stick to a regular fitness routine? It's those days where you feel extremely lazy and tired and say to yourself "I'll just go tomorrow." Those are brutal, but then I'll recall something from Pinterest or come across a posting from Alli that all seem to say stop being lazy, work to get results, nothing happens overnight, which all motivate me to suck it up and go do something.


What changes have you noticed since beginning boot camp? A definite increase in energy, endurance, and strength. I'm nowhere near where I want to be but it's definitely a start.

What would you say to somebody to encourage them to begin a fitness program? You won't regret it. Once you get into a routine, you won't dread it and will actually look forward to exercising especially after you start seeing results and changes in your body- both mentally and physically.


Thanks Selda!

No comments:

Post a Comment