Monday, August 20, 2012

Mini Challenge #2 and TOUGH MUDDER reflection

Happy Monday to EVERY muscle fiber in my body. I think each muscle group is competing for who can be more sore after completing the tough mudder. Not going to use it as an excuse though, workout is done for the day - just some cardio and hot yoga to come!

My Hot Yoga Mini Challenge is over and here's what I figured out about myself....

- shutting off my brain requires more conscious effort than thinking does
- I am a sucker for trying new things (already have mini challenges 3,4 & 5 planned)
- I will keep up the hot yoga for the next 30 days.... because I got suckered into buying a 30 day pass! lol
- I like the 60 minute classes as opposed to the 75-90 minutes classes
- doing a heavy lift or a run before yoga makes me much more relaxed when I am in the class.

Weekend was packed full of athletic events & fun with friends!

Friday I went down to the CanFit conference - my chiropractor Dr. Adam Wade of Chiropractic on Main was nice enough to give me a ticket to the expo, so I wandered around and looked at all the new fitness products on the market. Let me tell you, once I am no longer on a student budget.... fitness equipment shopping might become more fun than grocery shopping for me!

Saturday was the TOUGH MUDDER!!!! I can't say enough good things about this event! I'll admit, I was nervous at first.... I wasn't sure how to prep for a "race" like this, a 16km uphill-both-ways course with 19 obstacles that challenged you physically, and also mentally in overcoming certain fears. What allowed me to relax and really just enjoy the day was looking at it as a challenge, and not a race. A challenge it certainly was! I had a great time with our team "Depth Training."



For anyone thinking about doing it next year - DO IT!!
Training should include a good endurance program as the hills are absolute monsters. The obstacles actually felt more like a break when you got to them after running/walking/crawling up the mountain :)


Mid event with more mud to come !

Saturday night was time to see my girls downtown! My legs were furious with me for choosing dancing over relaxing, but my attitude this summer has been "say yes to everything fun" and seeing my friends is a very fun time :)



Sunday you could have found me on the patio for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with a light lift mixed in and a boot camp finisher.

Kind of perfect if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment