Friday, August 10, 2012

Gluten Free Friday - Jenna's an amazing cook!

As always... TGIF!

It's a rainy day here, which always really affects my productivity. Every rainy day feels like a movie day! Alas, was up at 5am to train some clients, train myself and put in some work with the online business! Eating my breakfast while working on some documents, I was asked what it tasted like.... I replied with "progress!"

On Wednesday I had an amazing dinner and visit with Janina, and our two friends that we met on our Dominican trip, Marcos and Jenna. Jenna was so cute when inviting us to dinner, concerned about our specific diets and any allergies.... what a great host! She made such a good meal that I have to share all 3 courses with you... and the drinks! I will do so over the next few Gluten-Free Fridays.


Girls in Dominican

For the first course, Thai Mango Salad

Ingredients
1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
2 firm mangoes
1 sweet red pepper
2 carrots , coarsely grated
4 cups torn mixed greens
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh mint

Dressing
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp grated lime rind
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp granulated sugar
1/4 tsp each salt and pepper



This isn't the actual salad. I waited until the end of the night to tell Jenna, "I'm writing a blog about you!" I didn't want to scare her off BEFORE she served the food :) It looked pretty like this and was delish!

Prep

In skillet, toast peanuts over medium heat until fragrant and dark golden, about 8 minutes. Set aside.

Peel, pit and thinly slice mangoes lengthwise. Seed, core and thinly slice red pepper. Set aside.

Dressing: In large bowl, whisk together oil, lime rind and juice, spy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Add mangoes, red pepper, carrots, mixed greens, green onions and mint; toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with peanuts.


Source : Canadian Living Magazine: May 2005

1 comment:

  1. Just received a payment for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn by taking paid surveys online...

    So I show them a video of myself getting paid $500 for taking paid surveys to set the record straight once and for all.

    ReplyDelete