Monday, August 13, 2012

Mini Challenge #2

Happy Monday everyone!

Another week to work towards your goals and get better.

I need to always switch things up because I get bored easily, and like to keep busy! This week, my plan is to revert back to my vegetarian diet, and to also incorporate hot yoga into my fitness routine for 7 days straight.

Comparing my regular diet to the week long vegetarian diet I tried out, I find that I felt better when I was not consuming meat and poultry. My energy levels were higher, and I never felt bloated. These past two weeks, energy levels have been lagging and there has been that heavy feeling in my stomach.

Yoga is something that I tend to avoid. I love high intensity cardio, lifting weights and moving quickly through a hard workout. The pace of yoga just isn't my cup of tea. That being said, I know the benefits of stretching, and know that although I incorporate mobility and activation exercises into my workouts, that having someone guide me through stretching will most likely benefit my flexibility, and decrease my muscle soreness. I've done two classes already, and went into each with the intention of not getting frustrated with myself, or with the pace of the class, and just enjoy it for what it is - a hot, sweaty girl on a slippery mat trying out a new type of fitness. I'll keep you posted!


You sure won't find me doing that last pose!

I challenge YOU to try to do something every single day this week!

Nutrition and Fitness tip:

Try one or some of the following:
10 pushups before everyday before you sleep
Running for 10-20 minutes everyday
Eating no sugar for a week
Cutting out any type of "fast food" for a week.
Swapping a protein shake for breakfast for 7 days.


Training song of the week: Shoutout to Carly D. for this one

No comments:

Post a Comment